Teachers form the lifeblood of any school. They are pillars of education and play an irreplaceable role in a student’s academic success and overall development. Thus, in conjunction with this year’s national Teachers Day celebration, several teachers from R.E.A.L Schools, Shah Alam Campus were proudly recognized at the Private Education Excellence Awards 2016 organised by the Private Education Co-operative of Malaysia (EduCoop). The award ceremony took place at Brickfields Asia College in Petaling Jaya and was held a week after national Teachers Day.
Shah Alam Campus is proud to have four of its teachers receiving recognition on the day for their excellent achievements and contribution. Heartfelt congratulations go out to the following award recipients, who represented both R.E.A.L International School and R.E.A.L Schools National respectively:
- Mrs. Ampikavathy Thiyagarah – Long Service Award
- Mrs. Huzana Sulong – Finalist for the National Outstanding Educator Award
- Ms. Uruthiraveni and Ms. Evelina – Nominees for the National Outstanding Educator Award
Aimed at recognizing outstanding private educators from all private institutions in the country, the award ceremony welcomed guests such as institution owners, teachers, lecturers and professors from the private education industry. A total of 250 educationists from 48 private institutions attended the prestigious event which was officiated by Tan Sri Dato’ Seri Dr. Yahaya Ibrahim who is Patron of the Co-operative. Among the distinguished attendees were Dato’ R. Rajendran, Chairman of the Cooperative and official representatives from the Ministry of Education (MoE). The Private Education Excellence Awards presented seven recognition categories which were the:
- National Outstanding Educator Award (University Category);
- National Outstanding Researcher Award (University Category);
- National Outstanding Innovator Award ( University Category);
- National Outstanding Educator Award (College Category);
- National Outstanding Educator Award (School Category);
- National Outstanding Educator Award (Education/Learning Centre Category); and
- Long Service Award (30 Years and Above in Teaching Profession)
EduCoop is a co-operative whose mission is to establish a strong network among its members through education and training opportunities. Many of the rewards in joining the co-operative include welfare and financial assistance. These advantages serve as a pathway for the organization to realize its vision of becoming a leading Malaysian private education co-operative that is committed to serving its members and well-being of society. Through EduCoop, it is hoped that everyone in the private education industry would unite and thrive to be an inspiring voice and force in the country.