REAL Schools’ Transformation Plan 2019-2020:
Preparing your child to succeed in the real world
This year REAL will begin an exciting new chapter in its history. Our goal is to make REAL a world-class education institution that prepares our students to face the challenges of a VUCA world (volatile, uncertain, complex, ambiguous). In 2019 we will begin introducing cutting edge innovations in our schools and kindergartens that will ensure our students are intellectually, emotionally, and physically ready to thrive in an age characterized by the 4th and 5th industrial revolutions.
- REAL’s new digital education initiative will include coding, programming, data analytics, user interface, robotics, AI and tech-entrepreneurship; and will form the focal point of our STEM programme, integrating technology with science, maths, and engineering.
- REAL’s new physical education programme will be expanded beyond sports and fitness that ensures all our students, by the time they graduate, are able to run 10km, swim 5 laps, and play a variety of sports; but will also include self-defence and wilderness and urban survival skills to ensure personal safety.
- REAL’s new performing arts programmes will ensure that all students develop the courage and freedom to express themselves through drama and music.
- REAL’s new design and life skills programme will ensure that all students master the process of innovation and design thinking through a variety of mediums including culinary arts, textiles, wood and metal craft, and graphic design.
- REAL’s new entrepreneurship and leadership programme will ensure all students learn to see the world from an entrepreneur’s eyes; identifying opportunities, recognizing consumer trends, joining the dots, mobilizing resources, managing finances, and being results driven.
- REAL’s new academic programme will encourage student’s intellectual curiosity; inspiring a love of learning, independent and higher order thinking, while delivering academic excellence.
- REAL’s new psychological well-being programme will ensure all students develop their EQ (Emotional Intelligence) which will include stress and anger management and a new level of self-awareness and self- esteem that will create a foundation for stable mental health and wellness.
- REAL’s new global leadership programme will ensure that all students are sensitized to the needs of their world, using the UN’s Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) as a guide and are able to identify and implement strategies to bring about change in their local and global communities.
Alongside these, there will be many other new initiatives that will ensure REAL’s schools and kindergartens (REAL Kids) will lead the way and set new benchmarks for education in Malaysia.
Campus Improvement and Infrastructure Development – To enable these exciting new additions to your child’s school experience, we will be embarking on a campus development plan starting in April this year. In collaboration with Paramount Properties Division, improvements will be made in school facilities to ensure students have a school environment that enables 21st century learning.
In conclusion, 2019 and 2020 will be exciting years for REAL Schools.
Dr Goh Chee Leong
CEO, REAL Education
CEO, Prestigion K12 Education