With Language Mastery being one of the five central ‘R.E.A.L Pillars of Life’, programmes such as the ‘Minggu Bahasa Week’ play a crucial role in promoting the proficiency of our national language and languages in general. Held from the 7th to 11th of April 2014, the theme for this years’ programme was ‘Cakna Bahasa: PembelajaranKreatif&Inovatif’. The programme involved all students of R.E.A.L Schools’ Suria Campus in Cheras and organized by its Panitia Bahasa Melayu or Bahasa Melayu Committee.
The objectives of this school initiative were:
- To encourage the use of Bahasa Melayu among all students in reading and writing
- To foster creativity and innovation in all activities concerned
- To instill a healthy, competitive spirit among students, and
- To be innovative in the use of proverbs in the respective ‘creative’ projects
Activities that were carried out during the course of the week were:
- Competition – Making of Greeting Cards
- Competition – ‘Bahasa Melayu Corners’ in every class
- Competition – Innovate Proverb Models
- Competition – Crossword Puzzles
- Competition – ‘Mestamu’ (changing poems into songs)
- Mini Carnival & Exhibition
In memory of the MH370 tragedy, the BM Department had also organized a prayer campaign for the well-being of the victims and their families. This saw teachers and students penning down their signed well-wishes and uplifting messages for the unfortunate victims. All in all, the activities were carried out smoothly with every member of the R.E.A.L Schools community giving their full cooperation and support to ensure that the project was a success.